EnglishTraditional ChineseSimplified ChineseP & T Group
  
Peace Hotel
Location: Shanghai, China
Design/Completion: 1929/1931
Construction of the hotel, initially called "Cathy Hotel" started in the spring of 1926 and the hotel opened to the public on 1st August 1929. It heralded an new area for Shanghai and was a pace-setter brimming with the latest amenities and luxuries. The hotel's interiors were modelled around a collection of fashionable Lalique lights.

It was renamed "Peace Hotel" in 1956 and is now being refurbished in line with international standards.
 Back  Previous  Next