EnglishTraditional ChineseSimplified ChineseP & T Group
  
 1868 - 1936
 1937 - 1976
 1977 - 1983
 1984 - 1993
 1994 - 1998
 1999 - 2003
 2004 - 2009
 Future
With economic prosperity came increasing expectations for the industrious population of Hong Kong. To meet these, the firm designed the highest density campus in the world for the Hong Kong Polytechnic University at Hung Hom.

The firm then contributed to a revolution in the standard of Government subsidized housing in the design of Cho Yiu Chuen Estate and Sui Wo Court which was awarded the HKIA Silver Medal.

Singapore and other Asian cities were not far behind Hong Kong's development. In 1973, the Singapore office was opened and by 1980, the firm was responsible for many new buildings in the city centre, changing the waterfront and skyline of Lion City.

Educational buildings occupied a significant proportion of the P&T Group portfolio. Having been involved in designing the first phase of the campus in 1973, the company went on to oversee the completion of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University in Kowloon which, following the P&T masterplan, continues to be built in phases over a period of over 30 years since 1976 .

In the late 1970s, the emphasis in hotel development shifted to China with the completion of the Jinling Hotel in Nanjing in 1982, followed by the Xiang Jiang Hotel in Guilin in 1989, and the Green Lake Hotel in Kunming. Complementing the adjoining historic monuments, the Suzhou Sheraton Hotel was completed in 1998. In Hong Kong, the Luk Kwok Hotel in Wanchai was built in 1989 while in Beijing.

In the early 1980s, Malcolm Purvis retired to pursue his career as an artist. As a parting gesture, he wrote and illustrated a light-hearted account of the first 100 years of the practice in his book "Tall Storeys", which was published in 1985. Richard Wellby followed shortly after, transferring leadership of the Singapore office to Alan Low who was appointed as a director in 1983.

The 1980s was again a period of tremendous growth. Staff at Palmer & Turner doubled in number to 400 people by the end of the decade, with new offices opening in Bangkok, Taipei, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta, enabling the firm to be involved in the rapid development of these cities. There was a gradual stylistic change during this period, characterized by a loosening of the tight grip of modernism. More playful and articulated forms emerged in the firm's architecture which captured the spirit of change in the growing economies and reflected the cultural diversity of the region.

In 1982, to facilitate its growth, the partnership changed to a corporate structure with linked regional offices operating under the name of the "P&T Group". To ensure unity of approach and common direction, all companies in the group are wholly owned by a holding company, which is in turn owned by the shareholder directors in each of the countries and disciplines.
Windsor House
Mandarin Hotel
Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center
42 Sassoon Road Housing
Cho Yiu Chuen
Royal Orchid Hotel
Ruttonjee Centre
The Landmark
Shell Tower / Standard Chartered Bank
Sui Wo Court
Wisma Indocement
Bank of East Asia
 
Jinling Hotel